Location: North East England
Salary: £50000 - 60000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/06/2642 KL
Our client is a market leading professional services organisation based in the Newcastle, able to offer flexible in their growing team. Their Indirect Tax practice is one of the largest in the world, with bold growth plans over the coming years.
The responsibilities required in this role are:
- Provide technical VAT advice and support to clients of the firm, many of whom are accountants and fellow professionals, both verbally and via written correspondence. Assist with the application of complex, specialist technical advice to provide innovative solutions that add value to the client.
- Work in collaboration with the team to communicate and achieve team goals, share knowledge and ideas and contribute to technical debate, to develop the team.
- Work in collaboration with the team to deliver clear, practical advice across multiple taxes including VAT.
- Be able to assist and manage a range of advanced VAT planning and transactional work. Dealing with technical correspondence and queries, gathering input from team colleagues as and when necessary and discussing with Partners and Directors who will review work.
- Make time to keep up to date with tax journals, HMRC announcements and maintain a general awareness of VAT issues.
The following skills are essential:
- Minimum 2 year’s VAT experience gained within professional services, industry or HMRC;
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness;
- ACA/CTA qualification or equivalent – full or part complete (preferred);
- Strong interpersonal skill and a collaborative approach;
- An innovative and adaptable mindset, seeking to challenge the status quo to achieve the best outcomes;
- Excellent client facing, relationship building and problem solving skills.
Our client are particularly interested in candidates that have a strong understanding of VAT compliance environments, be that through VAT return process management and/or review, systems implementations, working with compliance technology etc.
A background within a professional services or an external tax organisation is preferred however a suitable candidate may also have trained in practice and now be working in industry.