Location: North East England
Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/10/2321 Ne
BMC Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting a well-known group of businesses who operate across the UK.
The Group are looking to appoint an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk who will join their small finance team based at their Head office in South Tyneside.
Applicants will ideally have worked in a fast paced finance department and will be fully conversant on all aspects of accounts payable & invoicing.
- Matching of invoices to delivery notes and GRN’s for timely processing to the ledger.
- Verification of non PO expenditure, having invoices authorised and posted to the ledger.
- Raise invoice queries and liaise with relevant personnel to resolve effectively, ensuring ledgers are kept up to date.
- Supplier statement reconciliation and preparation of supplier payment lists for authorisation within time constraints to meet payment terms.
- Set up of new supplier records and maintenance of existing supplier accounts.
- Manage filing systems efficiently, filing all paper invoices and payments in the most appropriate manner.
- Work robustly to all of the policies and procedures within the accounts department.
- Maintaining confidentiality and communicating effectively with Financial Controller
The following skills are essential:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a finance department
- Working knowledge of using SAGE-50 & Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel)
- Experience working within a busy, fast paced accounts environment
- Knowledge of the manufacturing / engineering industry would be advantageous
- Ability to build positive working relationships across the Group.
- Have excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Confident telephone manner to deal with suppliers, customers and other external stakeholders