Location: North East England
Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/03/2544 NE
BMC are delighted to be assisting one of the UK’s largest service based organisations with the recruitment of a Finance Graduate on a permanent and full time basis.
This is an exciting time to join the firm, where no two days will be the same.
- General bookkeeping for clients, including processing of data on Sage software.
- Prepare management accounts under supervision to required standard to ensure files are prepared and documented with sufficient evidence for review.
- Preparation and review of VAT returns.
- To treat client staff with respect and courtesy, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times
- To ensure quality at all times as directed by the Supervisor/Manager.
- Carry out duties assigned by the Supervisor/Manager efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- Maintain contact with the Supervisor/Manager ensuring he/she is fully informed of finding arising from the work undertaken, so that any problems can be satisfactorily resolved.
- Clear all review points raised on the work prior to files being passed to managers.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Recognise when information provided by the client is incomplete and inaccurate and take steps to rectify this.
- Ensure that timescales and deadlines set down are achieved, seeking advice regarding the resolution of issues and problems as appropriate.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
The following skills are essential:
- 2:1 or above degree in a Finance/Accounting or similar
- Year 1 AAT Qualified would be advantageous
- Work experience in a client or customer facing environment would be advantageous
- Good IT skills including Excel, Word and Sage
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as individually