Location: North East England
Salary: £15000 - 20000 per annum
Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Job Type: Contract
Job Reference: BMC/12/2408 NE
BMC Recruitment Group are delighted to be working with a global, service based organisation based on Newcastle’s picturesque quayside with the recruitment of an Accounts Assistant for a 12 month fixed term period, to support the finance team during business growth.
This position is suitable for an experienced Accounts Assistant, who is available at short notice.
- Working in a pressurised environment, processing high value payments
- Assisting with credit control / sales ledger duties – advising of when payments are due and chasing where necessary
- Updating finance department with details of any bad debts or credit control issues
- Ensuring supplier payments are correct and paid in accordance with set terms
- Providing accounts receivable related statistical data for finance team
- Financial reporting
- Dealing with general finance, admin and invoice queries
- Other duties on adhoc basis
The responsibilities required in this role are:
- Assist with any ad hoc administrative or financial tasks to ensure the smooth running of the department and to assist with service delivery.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role that may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Previous experience of working within an accounts environment.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- IT Literate with the ability to quickly adapt to new systems.
- GCSE level standard of education or equivalent.
- Efficient & effective administration skills, demonstrating an attention to detail concerning work produced.