Senior Quantity Surveyor
Newcastle upon Tyne
BMC Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of or client based in the Tyneside area, with an rapid period of growth and new projects awarded they are looking to appoint a Manager Surveyor to lead a team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will be preparing tender and contract documents, including performing risk, value management and cost control;
- Have a very good knowledge of the North East construction market lead with supply chain management and relationship creation.
- To be a key member of the Commercial team
- To be fully accountable for team production, profitability, time management, communication.
- To lead a junior team of surveyors, advising and assisting with all matters inclusive of procurement, valuation, process management
- Able think outside the box, promote company culture, understand the company environment and provide solutions for achieving company and project goals where they are not readily available
Skills and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will be degree-qualified, with at least an HNC in Quantity Surveying;
- IT literate – experience in use of estimating and on Screen take off packages such as conquest, plan swift, Microsoft dynamics
- Management experience - managing a team of Quantity Surveyors and Assistant Quantity Surveyors
- Recognised building/technical qualifications – degree level
Salary and Package is negotiable (DOE)
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later