£25,000 - £30,000
Our client is an award-winning legal firm with offices in the centre of Durham, they specialise in a variety of areas of Law and due to a period of sustained growth are looking to recruit a Legal Cashier on a full time (35hrs a week) permanent basis.
- To manage and be responsible for all daily legal cashiering duties, reconciliation of the firm’s bank accounts, including the monitoring of any unpresented items.
- To manage and be responsible for all daily requests of client related receipts and payments in accordance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules, the firm’s Finance Policies & Procedures Manual, and the firm’s anti-money laundering policy ensuring deadlines are always met.
- To ensure that all client withdrawals are in accordance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules 2019, and client account is never overdrawn.
- To manage and be responsible for the production of all client billing as requested by the fee earners, and as required in accordance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- To manage and be responsible for the daily transfer of any client funds that are authorised for transfer to the
- business account.
- To manage and be responsible for the submission, processing of and reconciliation of the firm’s legal aid matters.
- To show complete awareness and understanding of money laundering, being vigilant at all times, in particular when verifying incoming and outgoing monies.
- To ensure that all authorised client related supplier invoices are dealt with in a timely manner.
- To support the operation of the firm’s credit control system.
- To manage the firm’s petty cash and banking requirements.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Solicitors Accounts Rules 2019.
- Recent practical experience of legal accounts administration.
- Working knowledge of computers and software with good keyboard skills.
- Experience of working in a legal environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development.
- Practical experience of handling client enquiries both face to face and by telephone.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later