£20,000 - £25,000
I am delighted to be working on an exclusive basis with a well-known North East based Group to recruit a Finance Assistant to a growing team on a permanent basis. My client is offering an extremely competitive financial package for the successful candidate including a range of fantastic benefits on top of an above average salary.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, the role offers a huge amount of autonomy and a genuine opportunity to progress your finance career.
The ideal candidate would be AAT qualified up to a minimum Level 3 and have working knowledge of Sage 50.
To process and maintain up to date and accurate accounting records for the Group and to support the Financial Controller.
- Record all financial transactions, ensuring accurate and timely processing of income and expenditure and purchase and sales ledger transactions
- Maintain strong credit control practices including authorisation controls and arithmetical checks and collate recommended payment runs that balance business need and cashflow
- Drive timely receipt of purchase invoices and vouchers in respect of other expenditure
- Submit timely and accurate income claims to customers and closely monitor and manage payment of these
- Maintain accruals and prepayments schedules, calculating, posting and releasing accruals in a timely fashion
- Maintain fixed asset schedules and accurate posting of depreciation and release of deferred income against fixed assets
- Perform and document month-end balance sheet reconciliations of all control accounts, bank and petty cash
- Provide month end reporting pack to include but not limited to KPI reporting, P&L, variance identification of movements between actual and budget for both month and year to date.
- Process monthly payroll and expenses, populate control schedules and generate journal entries for payroll postings
- Maintain strong controls over cash receipts and petty cash at all sites, taking responsibility for completion of regular petty cash counts
- Record all journals with supporting documentation and obtain relevant sign-off before posting
- Carry out month-end process in line with agreed month end checklists
- Assist with budget preparation working with key stakeholders in the business to assist with budget data collation
- Assist with year-end audit collation of information
- Perform regular housekeeping on electronic accounting systems
- Respond to ad-hoc queries regarding transactions in support of regular financial performance reporting
- Contribute to collation and maintenance of Financial Procedure Notes
- Additional bookkeeping duties as designated by management
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to process large volumes of data accurately to deadline
- Confidentiality and professional integrity
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to continuous improvement to systems
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later