BMC Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting a well-known, profitable group of businesses, headquartered in the North East, with the recruitment of an Accounts Assistant, to join their finance team on an initial three month contract.
Due to a recent sustained period of business growth, this role will provide support to the small finance team with the successful candidate being primarily responsible for Accounts Payable duties, encompassing the processing of invoices & payments, whilst assisting with the management of the company expenses policy.
- Processing of purchase ledger invoices ensuring that company policy is followed at all times
- Send for approval, coding and inputting creditors’ invoices
- Reconcile creditors’ statements, requesting copy invoices where necessary
- Ad hoc administration as required
- Assist with checking, approval and payment of employees’ expenses
- Assist with analysis, coding & input of employees’ charge cards.
- Assisting with analysing GL accounts for audit
- Maintain and input Direct Debits and Standing Orders where applicable
- Recording invoices for fixed assets and prepayments
- Managing the payments for all creditor invoices (via BACS and cheque runs),
- Responsible for handling Month End reconciliation of creditors’ sub ledgers whilst also acting as the first point of contact for any general supplier queries
- Assisting with year-end adhoc processes
- Working as part of a small finance team, and reporting in to the Financial Controller
The following skills are desirable:
- Knowledge and experience of purchase ledger transactional processing in a high-volume environment is desirable
- Applicants will ideally be familiar with posting transactions in multiple currencies and VAT coding.
- Applicants should possess good levels of Microsoft Excel
- Highly organised, and ability to take a proactive approach to work
- Applicants should be able to commute to the North Tyneside area, and be available to commence at short notice