Salary: £50000 - 60000 per annum plus bonus
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/07/2724 CM
Our client’s vision is to be a leading institution in China in terms of innovative technology solutions in the Offshore Renewables Energy Sector. Their research centre in develops and delivers the most cutting-edge projects, focussing on the new technological frontiers identified across the sector.
The role will involve UK and China business engagement to support project opportunities in China.
The responsibilities required in this role are:
- Support in achieving the joint KPIs of the research centre including international business support, high talent expert attraction, consultancy and project development.
- Support the programme management of the centre and interface with UK businesses to ensure growth of international supply chain opportunities for UK SMEs
- Develop new international business opportunities and services for the team and support the development of funding proposals
- Assist with the development of new R&D added value services and commercial opportunities which are of fundamental benefit to the in terms of achieving the public funding revenue growth as part of the company strategic plan
- Liaise with key international industry stakeholders and research organisations leading to successful international project development.
- Lead/support the delivery of international proposals through efficient preparation of detailed, innovative and robust business cases containing key technical, budget and timing plan content (including funding identified and secured/to be secured)
- Be committed to ensuring and maintaining a high standard of health & safety awareness through encouraging safe behaviours
- Ensure appropriate IP management Plans and commercialisation road maps are developed working when collaborating with UK innovators.
- Undertake any other duties of which the responsibility, experience and skills required fall within the post holder’s capability.
The following skills are essential:
To succeed in the role, the Vice General Manager the candidate must have and be able to demonstrate the following:
- A degree (or equivalent) in an engineering/scientific discipline
- Experience Asia offshore renewables markets and english-chinese language skills would be advantageous
- R&D experience including international R&D proposal development and business support experience
- A research/public funding background linked to offshore renewables
- Management of intellectual property contained within the bid proposals/quotations
- A track record in preparing and writing successful funding bids at international levels
- Experience of working in a relevant industry sector, supporting project delivery against targeted KPIs
- Technical and/or commercial background experience relating to product development including intellectual asset management
- Ability to ensure internally agreed standards and work practices are developed and maintained
- Good interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and within a highly pressured environment