Location: North East England
Salary: £60000 - 65000 per annum
Sector: Technology (IT)
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/09/2859 SG
This company are continually expanding and will shortly be opening new developments in the Bishop Auckland area. Therefore we are recruiting on behalf of our client for key members of the team to support this expansion and are looking for an experienced Technical Manager to be a part of the team looking after the Bishop Auckland developments. This role will be based in Teeside
The responsibilities required in this role are:
- Provide technical support to the land and development teams to assist during feasibility studies.
- Procure road and sewer designs, external works, private drainage, and, FFL’s in line with a brief produced by you.
- Review and value engineer the infrastructure designs.
- Identify new external consultants to supplement the current panel, agree fees, the scope of service, capability, timescales and deliverability. Formally appoint such consultants.
- Produce a detailed design programme which identifies key dates and a critical path.
- Procure foundation schedules in line with the geotechnical reports ensuring the most cost effective solutions are identified.
- Procure remediation strategies taking into consideration the geotechnical report, infrastructure requirements and regulatory requirements.
- Manage all consultants to ensure the flow of information is within the agreed timescales and in accordance with the programme.
- Coordination of adoption agreements for roads and sewers in a timely manner.
- Respond to site queries and resolve technical/construction problems.
- Interact with statutory bodies, local authorities and external consultants with regards to the satisfactory discharge of planning conditions within an agreed time frame.
- Control the submission of building regulations and warranty applications.
- Coordinate transfer plans, management plans for estate sales packs, liaising with Solicitors and Sales Department.
- Appointment of management companies using and implementing the group procedure.
The following skills are essential:
- The role requires a strong technical knowledge base ideally from a technical design background of either architectural or civil engineering (preferably both)
- Knowledge of the housebuilding industry gained preferably with a high volume house builder
- Educated to HNC/HND level in a construction related qualification
- Possess strong negotiation and communication skills
- A broad technical understanding
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with the company