Location: North East England
Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/05/2615
BMC are currently working with an innovative, forward thinking, very exciting business in the North East. This is a perfect time to join this growing, award winning business. The role of Senior Regulatory Reporting Accountant will be a crucial role for the business. This would suit a driven individual who enjoys leading change and is keen on being part of a dynamic, very forward thinking team.
This is a perfect opportunity for a commercially minded professional, ideally with experience working in the financial services sector- to join this well known team.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of regulatory returns to ensure all returns are submitted accurately and on time.
- Drive the change agenda to automate the reporting process and to develop an efficient end to end process
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments to ensure the business remains compliant with its regulatory reporting requirements.
- Become the business’s trust advisor in assessing and optimising the regulatory implications of new business activities and transactions
- Deal with regulator queries as and when they arise
- Lead the preparation and production of the companies external pillar 3 report
- Produce monthly regulatory MI for the Executive Committee and the Board.
- Be Finance’s regulatory expert and work with the FP&A team in production of forecasts
The following skills are essential:
- Qualified Accountant or significant experience of accounting core to regulatory reporting
- Extensive regulatory knowledge and experience of regulatory reporting
- Ability to lead and to drive change
- Behaves in a manner consistent with the company values at all times
- Good Excel modelling skills or Google equivalent
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and team-working capabilities
- Hard-working and self-motivated