Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/09/2848 SG
The job holder will ensure that the development targets of the construction company business plan are fully achieved. You will be a custodian of Development With Care.
The role is accountable for the Technical Engineering Functions. The job holder will report to the Group Engineering Manager on a monthly basis covering project progress and relevant issues. Budgeting responsibility on project spend up to £10,000. Some travel will be required between Regional Office and project sites.
The role will report directly to the Group Engineering Manager by means of a weekly face to face
meeting and daily conversations to discuss and project specific issues. Hands on management of the project to deliver targeted key review stages and milestones. The role will require regular
community liaison with a broad range of external stakeholders. Direct reports – Group Engineering Manager
The responsibilities required in this role are:
Lead, manage and motivate development team:
- Motivate and manage the companies Regional Engineer Staff to ensure projects progress as per agreed programme and budget.
- Ensure that all necessary resources are available for the project to progress through planning, design, tender and Technical approval to the agreed budget and programme.
- Liaise with the Pre-Development team on the Abnormals and site constraint for future development.
- Attend monthly project meetings to ensure strategy, programme and budget are on track.
- Where project parameters change, to review a new strategy and ensure it is communicated effectively to all team members.
- To establish a positive and ethical culture within the business that enables the company to deliver its stakeholders objectives.
- Liaise with wider company team members to support delivery of projects.
- Liaise with the Group Engineering Manager/Regional Business Development
- Manager/Commercial in relation to site constraints and abnormals on Prospective sites.
- Liaise with the Group Engineering Manager to agree strategy, budgets and programme.
- Provide a monthly update for Group Engineering Manager to enable the preparation of Board Report to track project progress and identify any changes to agreed strategy, budget and programme.
- Deliver a high standard of performance.
The following skills are essential:
The job holder will be primarily responsible for the achievement of the company’s business plan’s delivery, in terms of moving all schemes successfully through to Construction. Specifically, you should demonstrate a good working knowledge of:
- Budget control
- Planning process
- Engineering Design
- Technical Approval
- Section Agreement
You should also review the business quality, environmental and health and safety performance, to ensure a record of continual improvement by the implementation to best practices.
TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Engineering Design, with strong knowledge of Technical
- Standards and planning law affecting development issues. Should have relevant professional qualifications.
- Educated to Higher National Certificate.
- Clean full driving licence.
- Fit and healthy with a strong work ethic.
- Good communicator and listener.
- Resilient and resolute in pursuit of goals, gravitas to lead.
- Team member / team leader
- Sound judgement in all people and operations related matters.
- Results orientation
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Environmental awareness
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Delivery of project milestones on time.
- Assist with planning consents of projects on time and on budget.
- Commercial value of project is maximised at all times
- All projects have a clear, understood deliverable strategy.
- Sufficient resources are made available to projects to avoid delay or reduction in quality.
- Efficiency improvements are introduced to reduce cost of delivery and operation.