Location: North East England
Salary: £48000 - 50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/09/2854 SG
BMC Recruitment are recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to produce, manage and forecast build costs for allotted sites.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, your role will be to procure all necessary subcontract trades whilst managing the payment process and subsequent contractual obligations.
This role will be initially based in Teesside.
The responsibilities required in this role are:
- Production of site start budgets, prior to commencement of Superstructure House build.
- Procure all subcontract trades involving other key members of the team ensuring best value is obtained and all subcontractor prequalification criteria has been supplied.
- Manage the payment process for subcontractors and help the other members of the payments team to ensure payments are made in accordance with the agreed payment terms.
- Evaluate and if appropriate, approve payments of dayworks and applications for both labour-only subcontractors.
- In accordance with the prescribed timetable review and agree monthly site valuations (including cost) to complete assessments using the approved system.
- Attendance at management team and department meetings at various locations which may be outside of the usual workplace.
- In conjunction with the Build Manager, host regular meetings with subcontractors to review performance.
- Management of agreed performance indicators including regular updates to the Commercial Director.
The following skills are essential:
- In depth knowledge and experience within the Quantity Surveying field within a high volume housebuilding company
- A good understanding of all aspects of surveying and contractual procedures
- Understanding of the financial implications of the methods and sequences of build
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry
- Good knowledge of commercial and financial management systems and controls
- Strong personal organisational skills
- Ability to work in isolation but also as part of a team within a growing business
- Computer literacy especially in Microsoft Excel
- Generous holiday entitlement of 26 days per annum + bank holidays
- Choice of company car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme (with company and voluntary contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Healthshield membership (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Life Assurance Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Share Purchase Plan upon completion of a year working with the company