Location: North East England
Salary: £45000 - 55000
Sector: Operations and Supply Chain
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/05/2100 WS
This fast-paced business, based in Country Durham, is part of a much larger FTSE 100 plc. It is an exceptionally diverse B2C business offering a wide range of services to the consumer. Services are as diverse as insurance, travel, healthcare and roadside repair and recovery. The subsidiary provides a number of innovative business solutions to both group companies and other businesses outside the group.
Manage and purchase materials. Network and negotiate with suppliers, contractors, and service providers.
- Negotiate with suppliers
- Ensure that budgets and schedules are adhered to
- Be responsible for the selection of suppliers and negotiations with any contractual work.
- Monitor existing supplier’s service levels. Vetting any potential new suppliers.
- Visiting both existing and potential suppliers.
- Manage and control paper stock levels.
- Monitor changes in the paper market with regards cost.
- Look at alternative qualities of paper available but not to the detriment of the final product.
- Monitor actual paper usage against that quoted.
- Keep records of each estimate request.
- Confirm each order with accurate purchase orders.
- Invoice clearance.
- Produce reports as required.
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Systems of Work are available for all tasks carried out where necessary and are up to date
- Ensure departmental housekeeping is maintained to required standards
- Ensure adherence by self & department to Company security, Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety and FSC / PEFC Chain of Custody standards at all times
- Key relationships with Leadership Team, Line Managers and daily contact with staff at all levels / in all areas within the business
- Assist in the duties of / cover role of PA to MD as requested
- Any other duty or responsibility which may from time to time fall above or below the remit for this position, as defined by the Director of Finance
The following skills are desirable:
- Excellent Literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent PC Literacy
- Knowledge / experience in manufacturing / supply chain environment
- Understanding of customer requirements
- Experience in procurement and supplier control
- MCIPS Qualified
- First class professional negotiation skills
- Commercial Awareness
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure & too strict deadlines
- Good time management
- Committed and flexible team worker
- Ability to be proactive and use initiative