Location: North East England
Salary: £20000 - 25000
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/08/2240 WS
Our client is a well-financed and debt-free OMB who provide world class, engaging branding solutions to event organisers, especially across mass participation and sporting events.
They are looking to recruit a Purchasing Assistant to work across their 4 businesses. You will be responsible in helping to buy all materials and services for existing products.
Reporting into the Purchasing Manager, you will:
- Use the company’s ERP system (Sage 200 Manufacturing) to:
- - Create and maintain BoMs (Bills of Material).
- - Run MRP (Material Requirement Plans) to generate schedules of supplier demand.
- - Generate Purchase Orders and Communicate Purchase Orders to suppliers.
- - Generate works orders and picking lists where required and close off works orders when jobs are complete.
- Work with Goods Receiving and Quality Inspection functions to deal with supplier quality and delivery issues.
- Work with warehousing staff and manufacturing management to ensure that stock balances shown in the system correctly reflect physical stock counts, Full involvement is required with the year-end stock counts.
- Process intercompany transactions.
- Deal with the administration of importing goods from Europe and, especially, the Far East, i.e. arrange international shipments, processing all aspects of freight, duty, customs clearance.
The responsibilities required in this role are:
- You must have experience of working in a busy purchasing department within a manufacturing environment with short lead times and bespoke jobs.
- Must have several years of experience of working with an MRP-based purchasing system, ideally with Sage.
- High level of computer systems working knowledge.
- Numerate and analytical in approach.
- Used to communicating with suppliers by telephone and E-Mail and confident in dealing clearly and professionally with them by all communication methods.
- Ability to build strong, positive working relationships with suppliers and with internal staff.
- Strong written English so that all instructions to suppliers can be clearly communicated.