05 July 2019
Location: South West England
Salary: £40000 - 40000 per annum
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/07/2728 NE
DD: 0191 640 8965
M: 07948 346 585Email Nick Elkin
Our Clients vision is to be a leading international institution in terms of innovative technology solutions in the Offshore Renewables Energy Sector. The Lead Project Manager shall ensure that throughout the execution phase of TIGER (Tidal stream Industry enerGisEr pRoject) that the highest standards of project management are applied and that these standards shall be “leading edge”, consistent and sustainable.
The responsibilities required in this role are:
• Ensure the project document management is appropriate and consistent with our client’s strategy and delivered according to the Company’s policies and procedures.
• Coordinate project documentation from partners to ensure delivery on-time and on-budget
• Support Health, Safety, and Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) objectives
• Coordinate financial management with the project partners.
• Conduct periodic reviews to ensure that project outputs are of a consistently high quality and encourage continuous improvement
• Maintain the project risk register, incorporating learning from experience on this project and from the wider industry
• Coordinate communication, reporting to and administration with the European Commission to keep them up to date with progress over the project lifetime with regular updates using the Interreg electronic Management Systems (eMS).
The following skills are essential:
• A degree or equivalent in a technical discipline
• Demonstrable experience of document management and project administration roles for large-scale, multi-party projects
• Experience of public funded projects and public procurement rules
• A minimum of 5 years’ work experience
• Awareness of occupational Health & Safety issues.
The following are desirable:
• Demonstrable experience in managing European-funded projects
• A recognised project management certificate or diploma.
• Sound planning and analysis skills with the ability to look forward and see / anticipate problems and thereafter plan and implement mitigating solutions to negate the effect of such problems.
• Problem solving – dealing with conflicting requirements.
• Understanding written and spoken French language.