11 September 2019
Salary: £50000 - 50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/08/2798 NE
DD: 0191 640 8965
M: 07948 346 585Email Nick Elkin
Our Client is a leading international institution in terms of innovative technology solutions in the Offshore Renewable Energy sector. They are seeking a passionate leader to shape and manage a business growth programme for the offshore wind supply chain. This is one of the foundations of the recent Offshore Wind Sector Deal and is essential to grow the level of UK content in UK projects and increase exports to a rapidly expanding global market.
This is a challenging but rewarding role that will have a major impact on the growth of the offshore wind sector.
The Programme Manager will review successful programmes in other industrial sectors and design a programme of advisory and grant support services to enable companies to grow and prosper. They will manage the delivery of these activities by working closely with regional agencies, delivery partners and hundreds of supply chain companies.
The responsibilities required in this role are:
• Liaise with the regional clusters including development agencies, LEPs, trade associations and developers.
• Develop a programme of activities (timetable, budget, delivery plan).
• Develop the eligibility criteria for the programme.
• Support the procurement of a framework agreement for delivery partners
• Support events and communication to promote activities.
• Work with regional engagement managers to ensure a fair assessment of applications.
• Coordinate activity with the delivery partners.
• Communicate effectively, providing regular and ad-hoc reports to ORE Catapult Management Team and the OWGP Board.
• Maintain and control documentation including applications, assessments and outputs.
• Control budget for projects and programmes ensuring that cost forecasts remain within the overall project budgets.
• Commit to ensuring and maintaining a high standard of health & safety awareness through encouraging safe behaviours within and out with direct reports, contractors and other stakeholders.
The following skills are essential:
• A degree or equivalent
• High level of experience within a relevant area e.g. energy, aerospace, automotive.
• An excellent understanding of how supply chains work and the challenges they face.
• Awareness of Health & Safety issues
• Experience of managing a portfolio of projects