Salary: £28000 - 32000 per annum
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/06/2672 NE
Our Clients vision is to be a leading international institution in terms of innovative technology solutions in the Offshore Renewables Energy Sector. They develop and deliver the most cutting-edge projects, focussing on the new frontiers being pushed by the sector.
To provide a professional compliant end to end procurement service to deliver best value for money within a range of standard and specialist products and services including, but not restricted to cleaning, business/technical consultancy services, as well as other heavy engineering specialist goods and services.
Ensure that the organisation’s requirements are sourced from the right suppliers, utilising sound contractual and commercial arrangements which recognise and mitigate risk.
To deliver outcomes and objectives as agreed with the Head of Procurement, including those contained within the Business Plan and any relevant funding agreement.
The responsibilities required in this role are:
- Carry out end to end procurement process, as directed by the Head of Procurement, to include but not be limited to:
- market research;
- supplier appraisal;
- prepare tender documents;
- manage tender process, as applicable;
- carry out tender evaluation;
- carry out tender clarifications / negotiations;
- make recommendations on the award of contracts;
- draft and issue contract award documents;
- implement and manage contract/s as required, including variations.
- Carry out effective clear and robust procurement administrative processes, procedures and systems in line with the Procurement Manual and audit reports.
- Assist in regular review, maintenance and updates to all procurement documentation and templates as directed.
- Use the SAGE accounting system to run reports and undertake regular spend reports for senior management.
- Assist in reviewing updating the Contracts Register to provide near real time information on an ongoing basis.
- Effectively maintain and update the real time procurement work planning schedule.
- Provide accurate advice and guidance to internal customers concerning procurement processes and procedures, in a timely manner.
- Assist and support on other more strategic tender projects as directed.
- Support negotiations with suppliers, ensuring the business is represented in an effective and professional manner.
- Provide effective and efficient administrative support not only to the procurement team, but also to the Marine Energy Engineering Centre of Excellence (“MEECE”) project team, including but not limited to, managing diaries, booking of meetings and taking and producing minutes of meetings, as required.
The following skills are essential:
- A minimum of at least two A-levels (or international equivalent) or a CIPS Advanced Certificate qualification.
- Possession of or studying towards a CIPS level 4 Diploma in procurement and supply (or equivalent) or relevant demonstratable experience with a willingness to study towards CIPS Level 4 Diploma.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office applications including; Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proactive, well-organised with ability to multi-task to deliver a service to end user
- Ability to work accurately with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong organisational skills.
- Resilience and adaptability to change.
- Ability to assimilate detailed information.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good numerical skills.
- Strong stakeholder and supplier management skills.
- Proficient and confident in the use of databases and spreadsheets including the ability to analyse and manipulate data.
- Knowledge and experience of funding requirements relating to publicly funded projects eg European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).