Location: North East England
Salary: £40000 - 55000
Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/11/2376 SG
BMC are currently working with an innovative, forward thinking, very exciting business in the North East. This is a perfect time to join this growing, award winning business.
The role of Payments and Operational Finance Manager will provide leadership and support to payment operations and operational finance activities- helping to develop the organisations payments and operational finance strategy and ensure it is delivered through positive change.
The role holder will act on behalf of the business in relevant internal and external forums to provide support and management in relevant payment and operational finance related regulated activities.
This role reports directly to the Head of Payments within Operations but will hold a strong and key relationship with the Head of Customer Service, the Group Financial Controller and the Head of Treasury.
- Provide input to the development and maintenance of Product development and strategic initiatives, with specific accountability for the customer and business driven financial architecture within source systems.
- The day-to-day management and delivery of a roadmap of change propositions and new projects within the remit and scope of payments and operational finance.
- Responsibility for, process and system improvement across the team to support transactional finance, financial reporting and management accounting areas.
- Business delivery of high-level impact assessments, operational finance schemas which adhere to the required policy and accounting principles standard and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
- Operational oversight of business processes to manage customer financial positions.
- Hands on engagement and management of Senior stakeholders and 3rd parties.
- Attendance of appropriate Governance meetings representing operational finance tasks and activities.
The following skills are desirable:
- Knowledge of financial systems and resolving issues affecting financial systems.
- Strong understanding of financial procedures and accounting reconciliations
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to think on your feet
- An excellent communicator: develops & maintains good working relationships with colleagues
- Manages stakeholder relationships
- Core banking experience
- People leadership capabilities
- Experience of Incident Management
- Proven and demonstrated experience in systems and business process financial architecture