Location: North East England
Salary: £ 40,000
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/04/2586
Our Clients vision is to be a leading international institution in terms of innovative technology solutions in the Offshore Renewables Energy Sector. They develop and deliver the most cutting-edge projects, focussing on the new frontiers being pushed by the sector.
Role Purpose: To assist the Blades Research Leader in developing products, services and solutions in the area of blades. Developing a research profile in the area of Blade Manufacturing that will feed into the R&D strategy and generate public funded and commercial activity in this Knowledge Area.
Key Responsibilities –
- Develop innovative products and services in the area of Manufacturing for wind and tidal blades
- Build and deliver a portfolio of R&D projects
- Assist in the dissemination of project results as appropriate
- Build and deliver a portfolio of commercial projects
- Assist in the development of the R&D strategy and an R&D programme for materials relating to blades
- Articulate the organisation’s offering in the area of materials for blades – benefits and savings to sponsors, developers, finance and insurance parties alike. This also involves discussing client requirements and implementing those ideas
- Contribute to the formulation of national and European R&D projects
- Assist Senior Researchers with technical contributions in consultancy projects
- Build effective networks, relationships and communications with key Universities and research establishments
- Ensure the technical and scientific quality of the deliverables related to research in the field of materials for blades
- Engage with customers and support commercial activities related to materials for blades
The following skills are essential:
- A degree (or equivalent) in engineering or a related discipline
- PhD desirable
- High level of experience in the delivery of R&D projects.
- Experience in commercial and R&D projects related to blade manufacturing.
- Experience in blade design desirable.
- Ability to use first principles and empirical equations to support ongoing research and techno-economical modelling.
- Understanding of the challenges related to blade design and manufacturing.
- Ability to work with multiple partners to deliver a successful project.
- Ability to communicate project results as reports, papers and presentations as appropriate.
- Sound relationship management skills and confidence working with Project Directors,
- Senior Management (internal & external).
- Innovative and creative thinking.
- Problem solving – dealing with conflicting requirements.
- Tenacity, persistence and determination to succeed in overcoming obstacles.
- High capacity for change and the ability to adapt.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and within a highly pressured environment.