Location: North East England
Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/10/2307 NS
BMC Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting one of the North East’s most ambitious organizations with their search for a Management Accountant. This is a newly created role following a strong phase of business growth and the successful candidate will work closely and support the CFO & Financial Controller, providing a solid foundation for understanding the financial performance of the business.
This SME has a relatively small finance team, so the successful candidate will be required to be a hands on, with the ability to deputise for colleagues, whilst contributing to the next phase of the organisations development and growth. Applicants should have previous experience of working in a similar management accounting role, and will be suitably qualified or working towards a professional accountancy qualification. (ACA / ACCA / CIMA).
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Prepare and assist with preparation of insightful Management Accounts, KPl’s and other Ml in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide support to finance team where required
- Accruals and Prepayments
- Analysis of accounts receivable ledger – minimise overdue debts and late payment of suppliers
- Full reconciliation of all balance sheet and control accounts
- Cash management and cash forecasting
- Enhance and develop Finance processes and systems to optimise usage System development and implementation when required
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Deputise in the absence of the Financial Controller / CFO where necessary
The following skills are desirable:
- Accountant: CIMA/ ACCA or ACA or actively studying towards qualification. Applicants who are qualified by experience will also be considered.
- Significant experience in a Finance role with similar duties and responsibilities
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills and confident dealing with a range of stakeholders
- IT proficient
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines
- Experience in using a finance system
- Staff management experience would
- Knowledge of Exchequer or Sage finance systems