Location: North East England
Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/10/2306 NS
BMC Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting one of the North East’s most ambitious organizations with their search for a Management Accountant.
This is a newly created role, where the successful candidate will support the Financial Controller helping to provide a solid foundation for understanding the financial performance of the business and ensure that it is completed in an efficient and legislatively compliant manner.
Applicants should have previous experience of working in a similar management accounting role, and will be suitably qualified or working towards a professional accountancy qualification.
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Prepare and assist with insightful Management Accounts, KPl’s and other Ml in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide support to finance employees in daily activities
- Accruals and Prepayments
- Manage Invoice upload process
- Minimise overdue debts and late payment of suppliers
- Full reconciliation of all balance sheet and control accounts
- Cash management and cash forecasting
- Enhance and develop Finance processes and systems to optimise usage System development and implementation when required
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Deputise in the absence of the Financial Controller
The following skills are desirable:
- Accountant: CIMA/ ACCA or ACA or actively studying towards qualification. Applicants who are qualified by experience will also be considered.
- Significant experience in a Finance role with similar duties and responsibilities
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills and confident dealing with a range of stakeholders
- IT proficient
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines
- Experience in using a finance system
- Staff management experience would
- Knowledge of Exchequer or Sage finance systems