Location: North East England
Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/10/2344 NS
BMC are delighted to be supporting a well-known North East business with the recruitment of a Management Accountant.
This is a newly created position, acting as deputy to the Financial Controller, where the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the financial performance for the business is reported accurately, along with streamlining processes. This is an exciting time to join the business, with this role being created to support with their next phase of growth.
Applicants should be analytical with detailed accounting experience and will be able to demonstrate a strong career to date.
- Preparation of management accounts using a computerised accounting package (currently Sage Line 50).
- Preparing bank reconciliations, VAT returns, cash flow forecasts and weekly bank and cash reports for submission.
- Assisting with the implementation of new cost centre reporting requirements
- Preparing accounts to trial balance level for group consolidation
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate financial data at a range of levels
- Modify, document and update systems and controls
- Undertaking financial analysis comparing results to KPI’s
- Aiding the Head of Finance in day to day operations
- Support finance team with day to day responsibilities where necessary
The following skills are desirable:
- Part / fully qualified accountants (CIMA, ACCA, ACA all considered)
- Have a strong working knowledge of excel and spreadsheet modelling
- Have a good understanding of basic accounting principles as well as IFRS’s
- Strong communication skills with ability to liaise with stakeholders across all levels