05 July 2019
Location: South West England
Salary: £50000 - 50000 per annum
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/07/2729 NE
DD: 0191 640 8965
M: 07948 346 585Email Nick Elkin
Our Clients vision is to be a leading international institution in terms of innovative technology solutions in the Offshore Renewables Energy Sector. The Lead Project Manager shall ensure that throughout the execution phase of TIGER (Tidal stream Industry enerGisEr pRoject) that the highest standards of project management are applied and that these standards shall be “leading edge”, consistent and sustainable.
The responsibilities required in this role are:
• Ensure the project management is appropriate and consistent with the client’s strategy and delivered according to the Company’s policies and procedures.
• Plan, manage and coordinate delivery of project tasks by partners to ensure delivery on-time and on-budget
• Define Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) objectives and implement controls
• Coordinate financial management within the project.
• Conduct periodic reviews to ensure that operations are conducted safely, project outputs are of a consistently high quality and encourage continuous improvement
• Identify, monitor, assess and manage project risks and maintain the project Risk Register, incorporating learning from experience on this project and from the wider industry
• Coordinate communication, reporting to and administration with the European Commission to keep them up to date with progress over the project lifetime with regular updates using the Interreg electronic Management Systems (eMS).
• Ensure an effective collaborative working environment and relationship between the project partners.
• Enable internal communication between project partners, to ensure smooth and efficient integration between work packages. Schedule project meetings and travel.
• Manage project change through flexible, adaptive management
• Develop and, if necessary, implement strategies for conflict management
• Communicate effectively, providing regular and ad-hoc reports to senior management within our clients Management Team and beyond (in the format & quality required) and foster open communication across teams.
The following skills are essential:
• A degree or equivalent in a technical discipline.
• A recognised project management certificate or diploma.
• A minimum of 5 years proven project management experience within a technical sector such as energy, utilities, construction.
• Demonstrable experience in managing European-funded projects
• A track record of successfully leading multi-discipline teams in the delivery of projects and programmes.
• Experience of negotiating and managing commercial contracts.
• Awareness of occupational Health & Safety issues.
The following are desirable:
• Chartered status in a technical discipline,
• Experience of public funded projects and public procurement rules,
• Sound relationship management skills and confidence working with Project Directors, Senior Management (internal and external) and consultants.
• Sound planning and analysis skills with the ability to look forward and see / anticipate problems and thereafter plan and implement mitigating solutions to negate the effect of such problems.
• Problem solving – dealing with conflicting requirements.
• High capacity for change and experience of leading others through change.
• Contribute (or ensure resources are available) to early development projects, giving advice to the Project Teams on “deliverability” and commercialisation.
• Understanding written and spoken French language.