Location: North East England
Salary: £40000 - 450000 per annum
Sector: Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/05/2614 DL
Our client, an award winning integrated technology business is growing its North East based teams with the recruitment of a Key Account Manager. You will offer solutions and provide a professional and customer centric approach on each interaction.
- Establish and develop senior level strategic relationships (at head office, region and branch level) in order to generate revenues, maximise profit and increase market share
- Construction and implement clear strategic plans to consolidate your major account relationships and gain valuable business. This will include identifying/creating new commercial opportunities and delivering high-quality, tailored propositions as well as negotiating group/local branch contracts
- Develop and maintain an understanding of your clients` business, their customers and their market context. This may include working with them on specific strategic issues, digital tactics, budgeting decisions, competitive assessments, technology and partnership marketing
- Source and prepare relevant research appropriately in order to accelerate progress and/or gain commitment face-to-face and/or over the telephone.
- Pro-actively and regularly provide clients and sales people with relevant industry and business information.
- Use the marketing mix and account knowledge to correctly position sales solutions and deliver high quality, effective and value-added services. Understanding the market recognising and dealing effectively with competitor threats and making sure that all communications, reports and presentations are of the highest standard, meeting the commercial needs of your clients.
- To be the internal expert on the wider marketplace and how that marketplace pertains to our sales force and effectively communicate as such
- Input and maintain customer records (on CRM) with accurate, high quality information in order to enable effective forward-planning, maximise the success of all marketing initiatives and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of customer activity. All client conversations and transactions must be clearly documented.
- Attend, prepare and participate in one-to-one and team meetings that will review/guide performance (including appraisals), share/progress ideas and initiatives, communicate objectives and agree sales plans/focus
- Recognise the importance and benefits of effective team working, assisting colleagues and providing cover as and when required. Plus maintaining effective communication links with other teams/departments across the business
- Attend internal/external training sessions as and when appropriate to increase skill set. Be responsible for continually updating your product, market and competitor knowledge
- Handle customer complaints or enquiries when appropriate and own the enquiry to completion
- Undertake special projects and tasks as and when required
The responsibilities required in this role are:
- Excellent selling, presentation, communication and negotiation skills to inform, advise and influence others clearly – both face-to-face and over the telephone.
- Ability to research, analyse and implement new ideas
- Organisational and time management skills that allow you to manage your own time effectively and work to tight deadlines with an eye for detail and a calm approach when under pressure
- Professionally and competently put together sales proposals and quotations.
The following skills are essential:
- Inter-personal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels. Must be credible and comfortable dealing with and presenting to senior company execs and directors. Must be able to build rapport and build long-lasting relationships
- Excellent selling, presentation, communication and negotiation skills that allow you to inform, advise and influence others clearly – both face-to-face and over the telephone.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to research, analyse and implement new ideas
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills that allow you to manage your own time effectively and work to tight deadlines with an eye for detail and a calm approach when under pressure
- Be able to professionally and competently put together sales proposals and quotations.
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable in a fast-moving performance-led environment. Adaptable and able to read a situation and create the right impression
- Self-motivated and results-orientated – with the ability to work on own initiative; demonstrate consistently sound judgement and creative thinking
- Able to get on with others and be a team player. Desire to be part of and contribute to the success of a fast-growing organisation
- Personal commitment to improving one`s own knowledge as well as sharing best practice skills with colleagues
- Develop the way forward and set up clear channels for communication, building a partnership ethos, not just a supplier of online advertising relationship
- Contribute to the sales team and assist other departments such as Product as and when required to ensure best practice and sharing of knowledge
- Have proven experience of managing and owning senior client/stakeholder relationships, with responsibility for account development, financials and management.
- Proven success in selling into FTSE 250/blue chip organisations