17 May 2019
Location: North East England
Sector: Technology (IT)
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/04/2570
DD: 0191 6403728
M: 07949 861684Email Hannah Williams
BMC are delighted to be assisting this prestigious organisation who are based in the Newcastle area with the recruitment of an IT Developer.
Joining a fast paced and reputable organisation, this is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a range of duties, you will have the opportunity to work in an award winning and reputable team, on a number of projects across the globe, ensuring that the business remains strong.
The individual(s) hired will prepare the design based upon internal customer requirements, working with the technical architects to ensure alignment to the global data model and design guidelines. They will develop business logic, interfaces, control logic and reports and perform unit testing before sending to project teams and users for validation. They will also be responsible to investigate and fix issues found during project testing, as well as prepare documentation and handover of the finished product to IT operations
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Own the technical development items;
· Perform and manage the technical development of key components;
· Work with business partners to implement new work processes by providing the systems input, specific requirements and new technical solutions;
· Compile sufficient documentation for handover to IT Operations
The following skills are essential:
• Background in software development. Working knowledge and experience of database technology and SQL. Programming experience of Java or Python would be desirable.
• General technical skills and aptitude – the candidate should have strong technical skills and the desire to acquire new ones. Flexibility and a passion for technology integration is a must!
• Strong communications skills and user understanding – the candidate should be able to interact with end-users to understand their requirements, support them during testing and defect resolution as well as to develop front-end reports for best user experience.
• Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner by gathering and analysing information, making or requesting technical decisions to achieve expected user results
• Continually learn and adapt to change – Digital tools are ever evolving. The capabilities and programming languages evolve rapidly, in line with new technology patterns. As such the ability to continually learn and stay on top of new releases features is critical to deliver better and better results over time.
• Teamwork – the ability to join forces with co-workers and business partners is a must.
Skills needed to perform this job:
• Software Development – Python / Java / SQL
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Effective team player and collaboration skills