Location: North East England
Salary: £25000 - 30000
Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Job Type: Contract
Job Reference: BMC/11/2368 SG
BMC are thrilled to be working exclusively with one of the regions well known organisations specialising in healthcare. Joining a very strong finance team, this is a great opportunity for someone looking to add significant value to their audit and assurance team. This award winning business is at the forefront of innovation in the independent health care sector. This is a 12 month fixed term contract with a view to becoming permanent.
- Perform and undertake audits covering finance, quality, strategy and risk within care homes and at a corporate level, in line with an approved audit plan.
- Assist with the development of audit scopes, audit programmes, delivery and reporting.
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate documentary evidence.
- Document processes and controls in a systematic and logical manner.
- Maintain objectivity and independence at all times.
- Support the Senior Auditor with financial investigations as and when required.
- Conduct follow up reviews of action plans and other recommendations.
- Complete assigned testing responsibilities.
- Ensure that audit working papers are completed to the required standard in line with appropriate and relevant audit methodologies and requirements.
- Ensure that audits are properly planned.
- Prepare professional reports summarising audit findings and recommendations.
- Act as ambassadors for quality assurance systems including Quality of Life and Datix to ensure their effective and regular use within the homes.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice, sharing best practice across the organisation.
- Ensure that audits are delivered on time.
- Support the Head of Assurance and Audit Manager in meeting demands of the business
The following skills are desirable:
- Previous experience in an audit role. (Essential)
- Experience of working in the care sector. (Desirable)
- Appropriate and recognised professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIIA). (Desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of performing risk-based audits. (Essential)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with specific focus on writing and delivering reports. (Essential)
- Ability to work with flexibility to meet competing deadlines. (Essential)
- Experience of using data analytics within audit work. (Desirable)