Location: North East England
Salary: £40000 - 45000
Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/01/2425 SG
This is a well-known, highly reputable business in the property and construction sector. This is a diverse company that offers a range of services to various sectors.
- Provide direct support to the CFO and ad hoc support to the wider business as needs emerge. In particular:
- Support the preparation of profit and cash forecasts, providing challenge to the forecasts and improvement of the processes.
- Analysis of Monthly results.
- Provide support into key projects such as M&A, systems improvements and other
- Board level transactions.
- Preparation of ad hoc presentations for the CFO.
- Support to wider Accounting team on an ad hoc basis, including preparation of Business Unit Management Accounts as and when required.
The responsibilities required in this role are:
- Co-ordinate the preparation of the Quarterly forecasting process and annual budgeting process.
- Improve the Short Term cashflow forecasting process. Provide ongoing challenge and analysis to support the improvement. This requires a comprehensive understanding of the
- Group’s financing structure, key cash flow drivers and the business processes which influence the cash flow of the Group.
- Liaise with the Head of Group Compliance, Finance Business Partners and the Head of Shared Services to support process and organisational improvement across the finance function.
- Prepare Board level presentations for the CFO.
- Review monthly results and identify trends/material issues. Escalate to the CFO as appropriate.
- Support the CFO with ad hoc projects which may include M&A, corporate restructure, divestments and bank refinancing.
- Ability to provide cover for senior finance roles through absence periods.
- Promote and help to develop best practice across the finance function.
The following skills are desirable:
- A recognised accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent).
- 3 years minimum auditing experience
- Strong accounting skills, and a good basic knowledge of tax matters.
- Strong academic record through to A levels or equivalent.
- Degree level qualification – beneficial.
- Strong IT skills with good knowledge of Microsoft excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of corporate transactions and tax computations – beneficial.
- Knowledge of contract accounting – beneficial.
- Knowledge of Construction sector – beneficial.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and identify accounting issues and control weaknesses.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills essential.
- High standards of integrity.
- Ability to successfully work together in a small team
- Fluency in English is compulsory.
- Fluency in another of the Group’s languages is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills, strong systems aptitude and ability to understand business requirements.