Salary: £28000 - 35000 DOE + Bonus
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/06/2708 DL
Our Clients is on a journey to be a leading international institution in terms of innovative technology solutions in the Offshore Renewables Energy Sector. They develop and deliver the most cutting-edge projects, focusing on the new frontiers being pushed by the sector.
As the Funding Proposal Specialist you will develop and coordinate project proposals (R&D and commercial) which involve collaboration between company, industry, SME’s and academia aimed at improving the operational performance of offshore renewable energy assets. Assist the Business Development Lead in industry engagement, SME support activities, project development and identification of new product/service area opportunities for the OP team.
The responsibilities required in this role are:
- Analyse, understand and provide solutions for key problems and challenges in the offshore renewables industry, with a focus on operational offshore assets.
- Develop projects, products and services which enable collaboration with companies, universities and research organisations to address key problems and challenges in the offshore renewables industry.
- Present product, service and collaborative project opportunities to aid both internal and external stakeholder buy-in.
- Lead the delivery of proposal bids/quotations through efficient preparation of detailed, innovative and robust business cases containing key technical, budget and timing plan content (including funding identified and secured/to be secured).
- Develop commercial/R&D enquiries by working closely with clients, research providers, colleagues and project partners.
- Maintain regular communications with key technology development partners, major turbine OEM’s, SMEs and funding providers at national, regional and international levels.
- Maintain a high standard of health & safety awareness and encourage safe behaviors.
- Complete ad-hoc duties relevant to the role under the direction of the Line Manager or appointed deputy
- Undertake any other duties of which the responsibility, experience and skills required fall within the post holder’s capability.
The following skills are essential:
- A degree (or equivalent) in an engineering/scientific discipline.
- A research/public funding background, preferably linked to offshore renewables, is desirable.
- Experience in developing R&D and commercial advisory (e.g. consultancy) project proposals.
- A track record in preparing and writing successful funding bids at both national and/or international levels.
- Experience of working in a relevant industry sector, preferably the development, operations and maintenance of wind/marine energy plant.
- Experience of building consortia, developing R&D proposals and securing funding to enable the delivery of project proposals.
- Data gathering skills through consultation, questionnaires and workshops
- Ability to collate, assess and analyse industry priorities and other data
- Excellent report writing skills for internal and external publication
- Confident presenting to wide range of audiences (conferences, working groups)
- Good stakeholder management skills and confidence working with Directors, Senior Management (internal & external) and consultants.