Location: North East England
Salary: £45000 - 50000 per annum
Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/04/2555 SG
Our client is a high profile, rapidly growing professional services organisation with a very impressive city centre location which offers a fantastic working environment. They are currently looking to add a Financial Controller to their exceptionally strong team.
The main purpose of this role is to be accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and the comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and ensure the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
As the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the finance department. This is a unique opportunity to join this high profile organisation in this senior position.
The responsibilities required in this role are:
- Ensure the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and reports for operational management
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Company’s accounting records and financial systems
- Production of statutory accounts for the Company and its various subsidiary companies as and when required in accordance with the relevant accounting principles and the legislation of the countries in which they operate
- Play a full part in providing relevant & timely financial information to the Managing Director to enable a balanced and objective assessment of the Company’s strategy and objectives
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans and continued monitoring & review of performance against them to enable robust reporting of variances.
- Effectively manage the working capital components of the Company with specific attention to debtors and cash balances
- Active management of overheads whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies for savings.
- To explain the processes adopted and undertaken by management to keep under regular review the effectiveness of internal controls covering financial, operational & compliance controls
- To develop and execute the Company’s taxation strategy, Ensure returns for Corporation tax, VAT and other relevant taxes are submitted, payments made on time and all relevant regulations are complied with
The following skills are essential:
- Ideally you will be educated to degree level
- ACA Qualified
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to liaise with all areas of the business
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a fast paced environment