Location: North East England
Salary: £30000 - 35000
Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/08/2247 NS
BMC Recruitment are delighted to be supporting this well-known PLC with the recruitment of a Financial Analyst to join their impressive finance team based in the North East.
Applications will be welcomed from fully / part qualified Accountants with a commercial and analytical mind-set and strong IT skills, specifically with in depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Reporting to the Group Finance Manager, this role will work as part of a small team.
Responsibilities will include including the production of key reports with supporting analysis, acting as a Business Partner to a number of key stakeholders with in the business, whilst aiding with project analysis to support with commercial business decision making.
- Production of internal reports outlining business KPI’s and variances
- Acting as a Business Partner to a number of stakeholders (including non-finance based personnel) and understanding their reporting requirements
- Improvement of existing reporting lines, with the assistance of the IT Development team
- Supporting the validity of research and development ideas and business proposals
- Analysis of current stock level and site performance
- Evaluation of cost saving initiatives
- Working closely with the finance & IT teams to ensure efficiencies across systems and processes
- Project analysis on behalf of Senior Management team – presentation of findings to CEO / Finance Director
- Reporting in to the Group Finance Manager
The following skills are desirable:
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail
- Excellent levels of IT & Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of SQL would be preferred
- Ability to analyse and provide commentary to Senior Management
- Strong communication skills (able to manage expectations from a range of stakeholders)
- Ability to use Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrates track record of successfully achieving and exceeding targets and objectives
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work at all levels with good communication skills
- A self-starter
- Illustrates the ability to effectively contribute in a team environment
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail