Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/03/1993 NE
BMC are delighted to be supporting a global manufacturing organization based in the Scottish Borders with the recruitment of a Financial Analyst. This is an exciting time to join this established profitable business, working in a small finance department.
Applicants should be qualified, (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or actively studying and will have a commercial mindset, be able to communicate financial information to a range of stakeholders and will be able to analyze and interpret complex data.
A competitive benefits package is on offer for the successful applicant.
- Ownership of product costing & pricing strategies
- Business Forecasting – sales / margins
- Month end P&L reporting and analysis
- Preparation of monthly financial reports for Senior Management team
- Work proactively with sales, design and engineering teams to ensure budgets are communicated and met
- Liaison with external contacts, including customers & suppliers
- Continuous drive of improvements in financial processes and systems
- Work as part of small finance team reporting in to Financial Director
- Project based accounting / analysis
The following skills are desirable:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or actively studying
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced analytical finance role is essential
- Ability to commute to the Scottish borders on a daily basis
- Strong communication skills – able to lead, influence and deliver financial & performance information
- Proficiency with IT (intermediate level)