Location: North East England
Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/01/2446 NS
BMC are delighted to be recruiting a Financial Analyst for one of the of the fastest growing organisations in the North East.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced team working to short deadlines and will be required to have strong attention to detail and organisational skills.
This is a broad and varied role that encompasses all aspects of financial control, reporting and analysis.
- Assist in the production of the monthly financial close
- Produce monthly management accounts, external returns, internal MI and cash-flow forecasts to agreed deadlines
- Assist in statutory accounts preparation
- Reconciliation and substantiation of general ledger accounts
- Review and understand the P&L and Balance Sheet of banking products (lending and deposits)
- Oversee the Accounts Payable function, ensuring invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Administer the purchase to pay platform on the Accounts package software, including setting up new users and carrying out training where necessary
- Maintain procedures and process notes
- Timely completion of reconciliations of key General Ledger balances to data sources
- Carry out financial analysis as required
The following skills are desirable:
- Full or partial accounting qualification from a recognised body (AAT, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) (desired)
- Experience in the preparation of monthly management accounts complete within agreed deadlines
- Ability to produce analysis produced to a high standard and within the reasonable timescales agreed with manager
- Hardworking with the ability to manage workload