Location: North East England
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/06/2176 SG
Our client, a wealth management company based in Newcastle is looking for a Financial Accountant to join this established team. This is a key role for the business, reporting directly to the Finance Director you will have exposure to the wider business.
This is a unique opportunity to join a Private Equity backed business, with a strong finance team to help deliver strong results.
This is a perfect role for a candidate looking to make their first move into Industry.
- Overall responsibility for production of statutory accounts for all companies within the Group
- Responsibility for all corporation tax and regulatory reporting, including quarterly corporation tax payments, and quarterly/annual reporting to the FCA.
- Managing the annual audit and liaising with tax advisors.
- Development of Management Information, including the monthly Board Pack.
- Production of quarterly investor reporting.
- Development and ongoing monitoring of financial control framework.
- Lead or provide accounting support to projects as required.
- Review of procedures and develop culture of continuous improvement.
- Technical lead on complex tax and accounting issues.
- Reporting financial information to investors / owners
- Responsibility for monthly payroll.
- Work with external providers to produce all sets of statutory accounts under FRS102 in a timely manner.
- Liaison with external auditors in respect of year end and interim audits.
- Work with tax advisors.
- Completion of quarterly regulatory returns for each of our regulated entities.
- Develop MI reporting for Board to improve accuracy and speed of delivery of MI, incorporate cash flow reporting.
- Ongoing production of monthly Board report.
- Responsibility for management of intercompany balances and cross-company management recharges and interest on intercompany loans.
- Attend Management Meetings.
- Support wider finance team.
- Support internal and external communications through effective working with other departments and key service providers.
- Ad-hoc tasks and involvement in wider initiatives as directed by Finance Director or Chief Executive.
The following skills are desirable:
- Qualified ACA or similar qualification.
- Strong technical background in either an audit environment or working in a complex financial structure.
- Good knowledge of FRS 102 accounting.
- Tax experience would be an advantage.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of Caseware or similar software to produce financial statements.
- Detail orientated and able to set out priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- A minimum of 2 years’ post qualified experience.
This role is moving quickly, and interviews are currently being arranged. If this is of interest- please send an updated copy of your CV immediately.