Location: North East England
Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/10/2321 NS
BMC Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting a well-known group of businesses who operate across the UK.
The Group are looking to appoint a suitably qualified Accounts Assistant who will join their small finance team based at their Head office in South Tyneside.
Applicants will ideally have worked in a fast paced finance department and will be fully conversant on all aspects of accounts payable & invoicing.
- Matching of invoices to delivery notes and GRN’s for timely processing to the ledger.
- Verification of non PO expenditure, having invoices authorised and posted to the ledger.
- Raise invoice queries and liaise with relevant personnel to resolve effectively, ensuring ledgers are kept up to date.
- Supplier statement reconciliation and preparation of supplier payment lists for authorisation within time constraints to meet payment terms.
- Set up of new supplier records and maintenance of existing supplier accounts.
- Manage filing systems efficiently, filing all paper invoices and payments in the most appropriate manner.
- Work robustly to all of the policies and procedures within the accounts department.
- Maintaining confidentiality and communicating effectively with Financial Controller
The following skills are desirable:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a finance department
- Working knowledge of using SAGE-50 & Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel)
- Experience working within a busy, fast paced accounts environment
- Knowledge of the manufacturing / engineering industry would be advantageous
- Ability to build positive working relationships across the Group.
- Have excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Confident telephone manner to deal with suppliers, customers and other external stakeholders