Location: North East England
Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/10/2321 NE
BMC Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting UTS Engineering Ltd with their search to appoint a suitably qualified Finance Administrator. UTS is a global specialist in the pipeline industry providing pipe fitting, steel fabrication and under pressure drilling services, alongside a 24 hour emergency response.
This is a newly created role which will see the successful candidate joining a growing finance team, supporting the Senior Management team. Applicants should have at least two years’ experience of working in a fast paced finance department and will be conversant with all aspects of accounts payable. The role is based from at the UTS Head Office in Jarrow, South Tyneside.
A Competitive Salary & benefits package is on offer for the successful candidate.
- Matching of invoices to delivery notes and GRN’s for timely processing to the ledger.
- Verification of non PO expenditure, having invoices authorised and posted to the ledger.
- Raise invoice queries and liaise with relevant personnel to resolve effectively, ensuring ledgers are kept up to date.
- Supplier statement reconciliation and preparation of supplier payment lists for authorisation within time constraints to meet payment terms.
- Set up of new supplier records and maintenance of existing supplier accounts.
- Manage filing systems efficiently, filing all paper invoices and payments in the most appropriate manner.
- Work robustly to all of the policies and procedures within the accounts department. Maintaining confidentiality and communicating effectively with the office manager.
The following skills are desirable:
- Working towards AAT qualification would be desirable although is not essential
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with Purchase Ledger.
- Experience using SAGE-50 in practice.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office. In particular Outlook and Excel.
- Experience working within a busy, fast paced accounts environment.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with suppliers, customers and other members of staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Have excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Confident telephone manner
Working Life / Benefits:
- Working as part of a small finance team (reporting in to Office Manager and Financial Controller)
- Full Time / Permanent role (Monday – Friday (0900 – 1700)
- Competitive Salary – (will be reviewed annual / performance related)
- 30 days annual leave (including bank Holidays)
- Enrolment in to Company Pension Scheme
- Regular Company Team Building Activities
BMC Recruitment Group is exclusively handling the appointment of the Accounts Administrator with UTS Engineering.
For more information regarding the application process please contact:
BMC’s Finance Consultant, Nick Elkin on:
0191 640 8965/ 07948 346 585