Location: North East England
Salary: £40000 - 43000 per annum
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/07/2738 NE
Our client aims to be a leading international institution for developing and delivering innovative technology solutions in the offshore renewable energy sector. This includes developing relevant technical and commercial knowledge and developing and delivering innovative and commercially relevant research and commercial projects and testing activities.
The responsibilities required in this role are:
- Support and promote Health & Safety, Environment & Quality as core business principles within an OHSAS 18001, ISO14001, ISO9001, ISO17025 environment.
- Maintain currency of knowledge of latest electrical systems and components, as well as other relevant technologies, standards, engineering good practice and the application of these in a research and commercial environment.
- Manage and develop the electrical installation and design requirements within the facilities to ensure testing processes meet customer requirements and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for ensuring the setup of customer test pieces and supporting equipment/systems within the facilities are to the required standards
- Provide electrical specification, design, installation, testing, and commissioning skills as necessary to the commercial operations and research activities including, but not limited to, testing, design, development, tender preparation/evaluation, budget preparation/review, contractor management and customer interface.
- Support the application of the test process to a given project plan to meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for the creation of technical test reports to client’s satisfaction, in particular collation and presentation of electronic data in respect of electrical performance and operation.
- Improve processes and systems, or proactively create them where they are needed and do not exist to ensure all the engineering activities (research and commercial) operate in line with, or above, industry good practice.
- Develop and disseminate engineering knowledge to key stakeholders.
The following skills are essential:
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent would be beneficial
- Experience of HV distribution systems and associated equipment including converters and drives
- Experience of cabling for HV/LV projects
- Sound knowledge of electrical generating plant and apparatus
- Knowledge of ePlan, CAD, AMTECH, and 17/18th Edition wiring regulations would be beneficial.
- Motivated and strong team player – able to work alone or in collaborative team environments across multiple site locations.
- Knowledge of, and the application of, good practice engineering design procedures and tools.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral – must be capable of writing detailed technical reports and communicating test results to non-technical personnel
- Good understanding of H&S legislation applicable to offshore operations.