Location: North East England
Salary: £40000 - 45000 + Overtime
Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/10/2329 SG
BMC are thrilled to be working with one of the region’s largest manufacturing businesses. Joining a strong finance team, this is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to take that next step in their career, and utilise both their strong analysis skills as well as business partnering ability. You will gain unique experience working within a large manufacturing environment.
This opportunity gives real breadth and scope to deeply understand the manufacturing cost performance of the business, as well as European investments. Strong business partnering skills are an essential aspect of this role. An ability to work effectively with colleagues is key, as is the structured approach to transforming significant amount of data into clear, cohesive analysis.
- Ensure all consolidated manufacturing cost performance and CAPEX reports are prepared accurately and on time.
- Control European Manufacturing Costs and CAPEX.
- Ensure key variances are explained and reconciled to other prime reports.
- Interface with Global HQ and other key customers within Europe
- Presentation of results to management
- Drive continuous improvement, standardisation and automation of reporting and process across European entities.
- Working with engineers, purchasing and other functions to report in accordance with HQ requests, accounting standards and policies.
- Provide support to various projects as required.
- Any other duties as directed by management.
The following skills are desirable:
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Ability to present data in a clear and structured manner.
- Positive and flexible attitude in supporting the team with achieving tight deadlines.
- Challenging and flexible mind-set.
- Striving for continuous improvement
- Strong spreadsheet (Excel) skills/ Database/ PowerPoint/ SAP knowledge and experience
- Confident communicator- comfortable dealing with colleagues based across Europe. (No language requirements)