Location: North East England
Salary: £35139 £18.02/hr + overtime (£35,000 - £44,000 pa)
Sector: Engineering and Manufacturing
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/01/2422 WS
£20M engineering group, high growth potential, supplying a range of engineered products with a large number of blue-chip customers across a number of diverse industries. Private equity owned, well capitalised, strong order book with a high-tech manufacturing site and an engaged and motivated workforce.
The business are looking to add CNC Millers, Turners and Machinists to their growing team as it looks to capitalise on the growth of the oil and gas market.
- Reading Drawings in both imperial and metric sizes
- Understanding Tolerances, Geometric tolerances and surface finishes
- Ability to use measuring equipment such as micrometers, Vernier’s, plug gauges, screw plug gauges and screw ring gauges
- Ability to set up a range of CNC Machining centres with Fanuc based controls
- Understand CNC programming using G codes and some conversational type programming
- Be familiar with selecting correct cutting tools and inserts for a range of materials
- Be familiar with cutting a wide range of materials including Non Ferrous, Aluminium, Alloy Steel, Stainless steels, Inconel and Titanium.
- Be responsible to check their own work
- Advantageous to have Mazatrol programming experience
The following skills are desirable:
- Have a can-do attitude and work well with others in a team environment
- Willing to work overtime when required to suit customer requirements
- Willing to work shifts
- Flexible – willing to be trained in other machining processes
- Capable of passing on knowledge and training others
- Follow SOP