Location: North East England
Salary: £40000 - 45000 per annum plus OTE
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/01/1892 WS
We are currently assisting an award winning integrated technology business with the recruitment of a Business Development Manager. Our client assists businesses with their digital strategy and transformation, sharing with them their talent for project management, delivery and innovative thinking.
This is a unique opportunity to experience working for an innovative, established business, in a growing sector, where you will play a critical role in driving new business sales, as part of a growing team, working closely with Sales Management to enhance drive for rapid growth. You will be responsible for using a consultative approach to create and cultivate relationships to sell Digital solutions to prospective customers.
- Collaborate with Business Development Executives (BDE’s) to identify target accounts for them to prospect into.
- Cold calling, relationship building follow up through emails, product demonstrations, proposals, sales negotiations and execution of contracts.
- Consultatively build relationships with prospects, focusing on their needs and pain points.
- Conduct Discovery Sessions; effectively overcome technical and business objections with prospective customers as necessary.
- Respond to RFP’s for qualified business opportunities where this company is a fit.
- Efficiently and effectively, process assigned opportunities into new business sales.
- Manage your own pipeline and all work activities through our CRM system, maintaining accurate information and up to date forecasts on all prospects.
- Consistently meet or exceed monthly and quarterly sales targets to secure new business.
The following skills are desirable:
The ideal candidate for this Business Development position, will be highly motivated and have previous experience in successfully selling B2B Solutions, strong organisational skills and commitment to a process driven sales approach; with excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- You will have 6+ years of successful sales experience, preferably B2B; ideally with mid-market & Enterprise level businesses.
- Experience of using a consultative, solution based sales methodology, selling to 3-6 month sales cycles and six figure deal sizes.
- Ability to develop trust and relationships with prospects (up to C-Suite), customers and colleagues.
- A strong interest in technology and the ability to talk confidently about our solution base and benefit proposition to prospective customers.