Location: North East England
Salary: £20000 - 21000
Sector: Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/04/2557 NE
Our client are a rapidly growing accountancy firm based in Newcastle who are looking to recruit a Business Development Executive who can assist the firm’s growth and business development objectives and maintain relationships with existing and new clients.
The role will be office based and provides an excellent opportunity to progress your career in business development.
Developing and growing business relationships with both clients and advisers though account management.
Building and managing a pipeline of advisers and clients and identifying opportunities to discuss appropriate solutions and cross-sell services through initial fact find and outbound activity.
Teaming and liaising with Associate Directors to assist with lead generation, booking new appointments, maintaining regular follow ups and contact, and assisting Associate Directors through to client conversion and closure of sales.
The responsibilities required in this role are:
- Sourcing new opportunities through lead follow-up and new outbound calls to advisers and clients (including existing contacts and prospect contacts).
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate Associate Director for further development and conversion to telephone appointments and meetings.
- Liaise with Associate Directors to ensure leads are appropriately followed up and additional follow ups are diarised in order to actively keep in contact.
- Re-engaging any previous lost opportunities through fact find.
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects, working with the Marketing department to ensure there are sufficient leads and firms to call, and suggesting ideas for future campaigns.
- Inputting information into appropriate software for meetings and liaise with PAs.
- Achieving weekly/monthly call and meeting quotas
- Maintaining new client relationships and developing existing relationships.
The following skills are essential:
- Self-motivated, strong personal drive and desire to succeed
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent relationship building and customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and campaigns
- Ability to work autonomously as well as with the marketing & business development teams
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work to targets
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working in business development/ B2B outbound sales/ account and relationship management role
- Experience of using CRM system – advantageous but not essential
- Experience of working within a professional service firm is advantageous but not essential