Location: North East England
Sector: Accountancy and Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BMC/06/1486 NS19
BMC are delighted to be assisting this prestigious organisation who are based in the Newcastle area with the recruitment of an Assistant Accountant. Applicants will ideally be AAT qualified (or actively studying) with aspirations to complete the ACCA qualification, of which full study support and funding will be provided.
Joining a fast paced and reputable finance department, this is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a range of accounting duties, from analysing product costings, statutory reporting and daily treasury & cash flow management.
You’ll have the opportunity to work in an award winning and reputable team, on a number of projects across the globe, ensuring that the business remains commercially strong.
The successful candidate will receive a comprehensive salary and benefits package, with progression and both personal & professional development encouraged.
- Supporting the finance team with month / year end accounting processes
- Analysis of manufacturing, product and other variable costings
- Fixed asset and capital accounting
- Business forecasting
- Analysis and commentary of historic business performance
- Identification of trends and opportunities for growth
- Tax / statutory reporting
- Banking and treasury control, including cash flow management
- Analysis of accounting ledgers including accounts payable and receivable
- Project based accounting on a global scale
- Identification of process improvements and system efficiencies
- Daily use of SAP, Microsoft Excel & other IT systems
The following skills are desirable:
- Candidate who are actively studying for AAT or ACCA / CIMA
- Driven individual with ability to see the bigger picture
- Competent IT user with good Excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous, but not essential
- Personable, committed individual with strong communication skills
- Advocate of continuous improvement activities
- Leadership development, as there are plenty of opportunities for internal progression
- This is a full time and permanent role based in North Tyneside, close to Newcastle upon Tyne
- On offer is a fantastic salary, including study support and other comprehensive benefits