£45,000 - £50,000
I am delighted to be working alongside a leading North East business to recruit a Tax Controller on a Fixed Term Contract for two years. The role has the potential to be made into a permanent position. Recent restructuring to align the Finance Department with the ever-changing European area, coupled with internal promotions, has created this outstanding opportunity at an exciting time of change. Primary responsibility is for the management of the UK VAT obligations and to provide general support to the UK Tax Manager in all areas of UK taxation.
Outline and Responsibilities:
- External and internal VAT compliance and reporting, including preparation of monthly and quarterly VAT returns.
- Preparation of claims and VAT return to overseas tax authorities for recovery of overseas VAT.
- Being the first point of contact for all VAT queries and adding value to the business via solution-orientated, compliant and tax efficient advice provided across the UK group.
- Providing VAT advisory support for projects in the UK and Europe.
- Providing advice to other business functional areas such as Customs, Purchasing, and Logistics.
- Identifying and implementing tax planning opportunities in line with Tax Strategy.
- Ensuring the business complies with all relevant tax legislation and HMRC Guidance, while maintaining a relationship with HMRC.
- Providing support for preparation of corporation tax computations and monthly management account tax provisions.
- Providing support for preparation of Income Tax returns for the inbound foreign service assignees.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Ideally candidates should be graduate chartered tax advisors or chartered accountants specialising in VAT. Alternative qualifications or experienced VAT advisors will be considered where supported by strong and relevant experience.
- Post qualification, they will have focused upon VAT compliance and advisory support and should be able to demonstrate advancement in their careers to date and at least 2 years successful professional experience within this highly specialised area. Experienced VAT advisors should have at least 5 years strong and relevant experience. This may have been achieved within:
- A multinational OEM, Tier 1 or 2 component supplier or other high-volume production organisation supplying international markets
- A reputable professional accounting or advisory practice or large service company
- A national tax authority dealing with large businesses
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later