Software Systems Engineer
Newcastle upon Tyne
£45,000 - £50,000
My client, a reputable Electrical Systems company are looking to recruit a key role in a new area for the business, delivering IT solutions and will be responsible for streamlining the test, delivery, and support of these software systems.
This includes the implementation of automated build, test, and installation on customer platforms with associated configuration management and QA and release strategies. It will include creating business processes to support the delivery and quality of the delivered solutions.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for software delivery process & systems
- Developing processes and scripts for testing complex IT systems
- Software integration testing and system performance testing
- Preparing AWS Virtual Machines for new customers
- Configuration management systems
- Implementing software build processes
- Streamlining software release process
- Developing automated software installation process
- Support for system installation on customer systems
- Creating appropriate documentation for both internal and external use
- Troubleshooting application and system issues across a broad range of IT and communication systems with an emphasis on Linux environments, virtualisation, security, and networking
- Implementation and support of complex software solutions in diverse system environments
- Identifying and implementing appropriate system tools to provide monitoring of systems and services
- Design and implement backup solutions and disaster recovery for internal and customer systems
- Defining Cybersecurity standards for systems
WHAT WE NEED FORM YOU:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- A proven track record in managing IT/Software/Automation delivery with leadership experience
- A “Can-do” attitude - results-driven individual with determination to deliver whilst maintaining professional and technical standards.
- An organiser with focus on processes and software quality assurance
- Knowledge of a wide range of programming languages
- Experience of tools such as GIT, JIRA, Confluence, ELK, etc
- Experienced in both Linux and Windows based systems
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Commercial awareness and strives to streamline and reduce costs
- The ability to adapt to fit the demands of the business.
- Hybrid working hours – 37.5 hours per week
- Excellent salary and package
- Great holiday package
- Positive, helpful team and work environment
- Free parking on site
- Annual reviews and appraisals
BMC Recruitment Group Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later