Site Manager – Residential
£60,000 - £70,000
BMC Recruitment are recruiting an experienced house building Site Manager in the Kent area.
Responsible for delivering the Director/Project Manager’s proposed build sequence and ensuring the site compound and welfare facilities remain fully functional and fit for purpose throughout duration of the development. Responsible for managing sub-contractors, finishing foreman and forklift driver to ensure build programme is met and CML dates achieved. Responsible for organising and leading regular Toolbox talks, reviewing RAMS and updating site White Board on daily basis. Responsible for ensuring all site personnel follow the SHE Policy in all respects and for ensuring site teams adhere to H&S legislation in full. Responsible for directing, managing and coaching the Assistant Site Manager and all site operatives to ensure delivery of a product quality of the highest order always.
- To enforce the company’s Safety, Health and Environment Policy without exception to apply a zero-tolerance approach to any SHE breaches at all times.
- Responsible for implementing the detailed construction programme on site.
- To deliver all agreed build objectives, targets and budgets adopted at site start.
- To effectively monitor and control construction performance, including prelim and site wastage to ensure both costs are minimised at all times.
- To ensure total on-site compliance with our comprehensive home hand-over procedure.
- To deliver CML certificates timeously and in line with forecast projections and customer expectations.
- To offer guidance and support to all site operatives and to lead by positive example.
- To ensure site hoarding is erected in compliance with company guidelines and policy at all times and to ensure site presentation is first class throughout entire duration of the development period
- To manage the process to deliver top quality sales areas and show homes on time and within budget on every occasion.
- Responsible for reporting to Director /Project Manager on construction progress on a weekly basis.
- Generate solutions/recommendations to resolve any construction and/or quality issues and encourage all staff to come forward with suggestions for improvement in process, build quality, customer service and any other areas of the operation.
- Embrace and be prepared to introduce/implement a variety of modern methods of construction as agreed with Director/Project Manager.
- Attend Pre-Planning and Pre-Start meetings at direction of Construction Director.
- Ensure 100% compliance with any document management system introduced by the company.
- To encourage all team members to consider and propose efficiency, cost and production innovations for the business.
NVQ Level 4/5
- 1st Aid
- Black CSCS Card
Knowledge and Experience:
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of build process and sequence
- An ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines at all times
- Knowledge of system build construction techniques would be an advantage
- Must have experience of building on large development sites comprising more than 150 units
- Preferable to hold an appropriate professional qualification or be a qualified tradesman
- Comprehensive technical understanding and knowledge of regulatory constraints must be demonstrated
- Methodical and organised with an eye for detail
- Excellent IT skills and familiar with DocHosting drawing register system
- Holder of CSCS Black Card and preferably qualified First Aider
- A proven record of working successfully within a larger team
- Fully committed to delivering the highest level of Health & Safety standards at all times and preferably SMSTS qualified
Salary - £65k plus Car/Allowance
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later