Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Newcastle upon Tyne
£45,000 - £50,000
My client a successful and expanding engineering company require a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing and highly successful team who have an unrivalled reputation for delivering high quality across a broad spectrum of commercial clients, on permanent basis.
- Undertaking mechanical design elements for projects of varying scales.
- Managing a project team to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team
- Create specifications for Data Centre and Critical Environment projects.
- Perform critical reviews of design drawings and specifications
- Manage quotations from subcontractors and other specialists when required
- Undertake site surveys and audits
- Experience with Data Centre Installations is essential.
What we need from you:
- Degree qualified in Building Services Engineering or similar
- Extensive experience in the field of mechanical building services design and experience across a range of small/medium to large scale projects and/or building types
- Experience in leading design teams on multi-disciplinary projects
- Able to understand the balance of engineering priorities on differing projects
Up-to-date knowledge and experience in the following areas will be important:
- Building Thermal Models
- Chilled Water pipe loss & pressure calculations
- Pumping strategies
- 24 days holiday + Birthday
- Matched Pension scheme
- Excellent rates of pay – annually reviewed
- Positive and friendly work environment and team
- Helpful and encouraging team and managers
- Free onsite parking
BMC Recruitment Group treats all applications equally and confidentially, we review all submissions. Those that do not meet the specification may not be contacted but their CV retained to be considered against future opportunities.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later