Senior HR Business Partner
This role could be the ideal career opportunity for you if you are available for a three month fixed term contract starting ASAP in a Senior HR Business Partner role.
Our client is a large education provider with Hubs across the North East.
You will work across several areas to facilitate the people agenda to support the achievement of their strategic business plan. The role will focus on helping to build a strong HR infrastructure by developing people management practices, leading policy development, and designing new ways of working, which encourage purposeful integration and collaboration across the Trust.
A key focus of the role will be contributing to delivering a broad range of strategic projects, and leading and implementing key activities arising out of these projects. The role will also have ownership and management of operational activities in delivering an excellent HR service to our Academies, supporting their values and culture, ensuring alignment to our broader organisational strategy, whilst ensuring best practice and legal compliance.
It will also provide strategic and operational expertise and leadership in partnering, coaching, and supporting the People team and Academies in building capabilities which support and facilitate a high-performance culture.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Work alongside people specialists, i.e. People Director, Head of HR, HR Operations Manager, HR/L&D Managers, and Trade Union colleagues, in addition to external relationships with outsourced providers, e.g. for legal advice, payroll, employee assistance programme, Benefits providers, pensions etc.
- Provide operational expertise and management across the full-employee lifecycle to the People team and Academies in line with the organisation’s strategy, HR best practice and local context.
- Partner, coach and support the Headteachers, BSOs and the People team on a wide range of day-to day people matters, developing structures and strategies to help them and anticipating and planning for the people implications of objectives and plans.
- Identify, develop and implement key HR initiatives aligned to the Trust's vision and values, which enable the achievement of our strategic ambitions, and embed these into their operating model.
- Develop, implement, and revise policies per UK employment law and best practice. Ensuring that diversity and inclusion are embedded in key policies and frameworks.
- Provide robust and consistent advice on the application and interpretation of employment policies across the Trust, and participate in the development and delivery of training initiatives to increase capabilities in people management practices.
Enable managers to have informed and effective performance management conversations, supported by transparent performance data and support with facilitating appropriate interventions.
- Partnering with the People Director, Head of HR, HR Operations Manager, and HR/L&D Managers in informing the development of programmes to support capability, building in the achievement of strategic objectives and enabling the development of a high-performance culture.
- Maintain and oversee the performance management cycle, providing coaching and deploying effective employee engagement strategies.
- Work with the People Director and head of HR using knowledge and data to identify areas for improvement and translate critical data into solutions-focused action plans.
You will be CIPD Qualified (level 5 or above) and have a generalist background with experience in supporting managers and staff with ER issues and policy/processes. A full UK driving license is required as there will be travel to other trusts in the North East area.
33 days annual leave plus B/H, 36-hour week, flexible hybrid, potential to go permanent, salary £up to £48,000.
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later