Senior Engineer (New Build Housing)
East of England
£55,000 - £60,000
The job holder will ensure that the development targets of the company’s business plan are fully achieved. He/she will be a custodian of Development with Care.
1. Lead, manage and motivate development team:
· Motivate and manage companies Assistant Engineer/ Engineer to ensure projects progress as per agreed programme and budget.
· Ensure that all necessary resources are available for the project to progress through planning, design, tender and Technical approval to the agreed budget and programme.
· Attend monthly project meetings to ensure strategy, programme and budget are on track.
· Where project parameters change, to review a new strategy and ensure it is communicated effectively to all team members.
· To establish a positive and ethical culture within that enables the company to deliver its stakeholders objectives.
· Liaise with wider companies team members to support delivery of projects.
· Liaise with the Group Engineering Manager to agree strategy, budgets and programme.
· Provide a monthly update for Regional/Group Engineering Manager to enable the preparation of Board Report to track project progress and identify any changes to agreed strategy, budget and programme.
Deliver a high standard of performance.
The job holder will be primarily responsible for the achievement of the company’s business plan’s delivery, in terms of moving all schemes successfully through to Construction. Specifically, he/she should demonstrate a good working knowledge of:
· Budget control
· Planning process
· Engineering Design
· Technical Approval
· Section Agreement
He/she should also review the business quality, environmental and health and safety performance, to ensure a record of continual improvement by the implementation to best practices.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Delivery of project milestones on time.
- Assist with planning consents of projects on time and on budget.
- Commercial value of project is maximised at all times
- All projects have a clear, understood deliverable strategy.
- Sufficient resources are made available to projects to avoid delay or reduction in quality.
- Efficiency improvements are introduced to reduce cost of delivery and operation.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the Engineering Design, with strong knowledge of Technical Standards and planning law affecting development issues. Should have relevant professional qualifications.
- Educated to Higher National Certificate.
- Clean full driving licence.
- Fit and healthy with a strong work ethic.
- Good communicator and listener.
- Resilient and resolute in pursuit of goals, gravitas to lead.
- Team member / team leader
- Sound judgement in all people and operations related matters.
- Results orientation
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Environmental awareness
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later