Senior Architectural Technician
£50,000 - £55,000
Our client is a highly respected regional 5 star House Builder based in the North East who build 3-5 bedrooms properties throughout the North East. They are seeking a Senior Architectural Technician to join their team.
Full job description:
The Senior Architectural Technician will be expected to use his/her skill in producing and/or obtaining from Head Office or instructing and procuring from external design consultants, and other providers all necessary drawings and information to a satisfactory standard, cost effective and delivered on time to meet the Company's programme and needs. To coordinate with the Technical Manager on all aspects of the above.
- Day to day activities Land Acquisition
- Organise and prepare, as required and issue land plans identifying prospective ownership areas.
- Visit prospective development sites, if considered appropriate, and discuss with department colleagues relevant technical, physical and /or other constraints.
- Assist in the preparation of Consultants Design Briefs with the Divisional Development Director. Land under Contract
- Provide the necessary level of information to accompany planning submissions, discharge of condition applications, and discuss with Local Planning Authorities.
- Supervise and produce details within working drawings to accord with the agreed site specification.
- Instruct and update regional variations to suit relevant Head Office house type revisions.
- Liaise with external consultants concerning house types, spacing and street scenes requirements.
- Liaise with members of the Development Department with regards site constraints i.e.Topography, Ecology, Arboriculture, Ground Investigation and Infrastructure.
- Prepare land registry details in unison with Development Engineer. Land Acquired
- Liaise with the Technical Manager in the management of external consultants / internal designers for the preparation of information required for Planning and Building Regulation submissions.
- Assist in the briefing of Development Engineer / Development Coordinator / Development Technician and External Consultants regarding the production of external works drawings to include the necessary level of detail required for sub-contract and site construction issue.
- Liaise with other members of staff to ensure specific site drawings and information corresponds to the site requirements and build programme.
- Liaise with the Construction Department in the interpretation of issued construction details and plans.
- Attend and chair, if required, meetings as agreed with the Technical Manager.
- Review Planning Conditions Tracker and supervise the formal submission of information to obtain formal discharge of conditions.
- Contribute to specification improvement discussions.
- Maintain general awareness of Statutory Requirements, Relevant Planning Guidance, NHBC Requirements, Building Control Updates and Local Authority changes.
Skills & qualifications needed:
- Use of Microsoft Office Software.
- Proficient in the production of CAD information.
- Driving, hold a full driving licence.
- Attention to detail.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later