Our client is a well-known organisation headquartered in Sunderland who are looking for a safeguarding lead to join the organisation on a permanent basis.
The role is responsible for leading the organisations safeguarding function to ensure the safety of the apprentices and all other colleagues in the organisation. The role is responsible for promoting and protecting the welfare of apprentices and vulnerable colleagues.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with statutory obligations.
- Work closely with and report on a regular basis to the Head of HR, Lead People Partner and Safeguarding and Prevent Compliance Team
- Work to maintain and improve the organisations safeguarding provisions and ensuring the highest standards by supporting with the development, implementation, promotion, training, and review of the organisations safeguarding policies.
- Be the named lead colleague to manage safeguarding incidents, allegations, and concerns.
- Maintain accurate up to date records on all safeguarding incidents,
- Provide direction to colleagues in respect of safeguarding concerns and allegations, advising how to respond appropriately to any welfare concerns.
- Identify training needs to develop and implement safeguarding education, specific to individual roles and responsibilities.
- Monitor alerts the come through computer monitoring software.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the prevent duty and embed prevent legal requirements and best practice into the organisation.
- Knowledge of legal and procedural framework relating to safeguarding,
- Prior experience of working within a similar safeguarding role combined with knowledge of the current Ofsted inspection regime.
- Excellent IT skills
- The ability to keep accurate, detailed records and write concise reports.
- An understanding of SEN and how this can impact safeguarding concerns.
- Optimism and emotional resilience combined with an understanding that you may be involved with potentially distressing situations in the course of your work.
- Safeguarding lead certificate
- Prevent duty certification.
- Salary of up to £28,500 depending on experience
- Employer contribution pension
- Professional development and training
If this sounds like you click the apply today button or contact Eve Story at email@example.com
If you haven’t got access to your cv right now, send yourself a link to this page and upload it later